Thursday, June 29, 2006

Where's Waldo? Err, Tara?

I've been a little preoccupied lately and have neglected to post on our blog. Actually, I've neglected to read most of it too... so tonight I came to the site and glanced at the last post entitled: linky linky. In my haste, I thought (could have sworn) that the post said kinky kinky. What else have I missed, I wondered? Huh. Guess I should have kept up!

Now that that's all settled... hello again, dear cyber-readers! I'm glad that the last two weeks are over with. The flood in the house has been cleaned, flooring is soon to be replaced, some walls are dried while others have been torn out, and new copper pipes (throughout) have nearly been installed. The construction guys are my new friends and Gina was nice enough to come pay me a visit during the mass confusion.

In the midst, I've also been trying to find appropriate places for a wedding. Well, not just any wedding of an ex-mormon and hybrid (though mostly non practicing) catholic-jew (oh yeah, and gay) - lol ... but a place where we can have a phenomenal dance party! There's a place in Berekeley called, coincidentally enough, the Berkeley City Club. It was designed by architect, Julia Morgan, who designed Hearst Castle and comes complete with a hardwood floor ballroom! Ahhhhhh... And as an aside note, it was originally built and known as the Berkeley Women's City Club but later became a co-ed private club. I suppose that's appropriate:) Well, the pictures look nice but you never know until you see it in person. I'm trying to set up an appointment for us to go have a look, but I think it's going to have to wait until we return from Chicago.

Oh yeah... just in case ya'll think I'm slackin', I'm also working on pastel pink jordan almond wedding favors tied in layer upon layer of lavendar mesh - hee hee- and taking tips from the latest bridal mags (purely by accident). The magazine article we ran across on Wednesday was titled , "Wedding tips from other couples just like you!" Somehow we doubt it!

1 Comments:

Blogger heather said...

glad your house is mostly repaired! and sounds like you're having fun planning on the side. :-)

10:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home