Friday, October 06, 2006

Why I love this girl, reasons #346, 347, 348...

Alas, I'm here at work, technically on lunch, but sick (doctor's at 3:30) and needing to go get a cell phone to replace mine, which died a sad death last night. It serves as my home phone and my cell phone and I'm leaving for a conference early next week and will not be able to do my job without it and wow isn't this a run-on sentence, I wonder what it would have been like if I'd taken the FULL amount of the OTC sinus and cold meds...

But I digresss...

I decided to see how the marriage blog was going, and alas, there was a post from T. that was both inspiring and sweet and funny.

She has hope, which is so necessary in this day, age and political climate. She has compassion and kindness, not to mention she actually figured out how to get a quintessential SF wedding cake together in, oh, an hour. Me, I would have probably broken about 20 of the little figurines trying to separate them to get two brides...I can see it now--little plastic limbs littering the area, one bride with part of a groom attached like a conjoined twin, followed by my giving up and deliving a Pokemon-topped cake...

And you think she's kidding about the fish, but she's not. Gavie was her betta baby. She named him after Gavin Newsom, and did indeed write Mr. Newsom a letter to tell him so. (I didn't initially want to believe this part, either. ;) Gavie (the fish, not the mayor) really loved her, and would even let her pet him. Here's hoping she's not held "for observation" when stopped for a routine traffic violation!

Anyway, I wanted to put a wee post up here saying that T's right: the book she mentions is inspiring, as are all the stories of those 4,000 couples.

Victory will be just that much sweeter when it arrives, which it will.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home